Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Ketchum , Idaho
C channels

I pulled out all of the skins on the interior of my trailer to rid the old faulty electrical wiring / rid the smelly insulation and mouse nests.... in the process i realized that there were a number of short segments of aluminum c channels that were riveted to the interior skin (between interior and exterior). Unfortunately I didn't make a note of which pieces paired with their skins. I'm assuming that the "floating C channels" were meant to prevent vibration since they don't seem to function as a structural element like some of the other C channels. Can anyone verify what these loose C channels are doing?
PS - I realize that some of them are meant to bridge the gap between the skin and the window.
jr3149 is offline   Reply With Quote