Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
ID Air

1960 24' Tradewind
Los Angeles , California
Upgrade to vintage wood drawer glides?

I have a 1960 Tradewind in excellent condition with tons of drawers. Does anyone have specific advice on a glide to use to upgrade the original wood center bottom glide? I can see where there is a lot of information on this forum in regard to the usual side glide installation but I would hate to have to notch out the face frame on the sides to allow for side glides.

I have seen tons of advancements in kitchen cabinet hardware over the years because I am in the interior design profession. Lately I have seen really low profile, amazingly smooth glides used on pre-manufactured items. It would seem to me that this retrofit should be commonplace, even with homes that have orignal built-in cabinets with the same classic wood center support and glide.

My apologies if there has been something already posted on this - I have been looking everywhere but there is so much great info on this forum, it is easy to get sidetracked!