Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Boise , Idaho
Table Pedestal Max Weight Loads

I've built a u-shaped dinette, and plan to add a tabletop that can be dropped to turn dinette into full-sized bed. Was going to use one of those tubular table pedestals. I'm wondering about how much weight one of those can realistically handle.

I want to make a live-edge wood slab table top that would be considerably thicker and heavier than your typical particle-board/formica construction. My table top will be 27"x47" when completed. There are a number of "tricks" I could employ in the construction to reduce weight, just trying to decide how aggressive I need to be. Can one of those pedestals handle a 40 pound table top while driving bumpy roads? Should I use two? Come up with a different solution?
Jamespio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Since there are a *lot* of people making various table supports, there really is no single answer. Best approach would be to contact the manufacturer and see what they say.

In the case of the big heavy Corian table in the 2017 Classic, the answer is - yup it does the job. I doubt that top weighs much less than 40 pounds.... That only applies to that specific (power lift) pedestal. It *has* been down a lot of bumpy roads ...

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote