Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1971 18' Caravel
Cookeville , Tennessee
Swapping kitchen cabinets

I want to swap out the kitchen cabinet unit in my AS. Currently it has the cabinet that has a cooktop and the roll up doors on the cabinet. I bought the same size complete cabinet from a 74 Argossy, that has real doors and a stove. It looks like a bolt in swap, will I run into any unexpected issues?

I really like the idea that I can have actual doors and I can easily upgrade to a newer safer stove.

I plan on completely removing the old furnace and I want to get rid of the old undercarriage mounted water tank, while I have the cabinet out. I bought a new fresh water tank that will fit in the "new" cabinet and a demand pump, any issues?
L911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
This doesn't answer your question, but as a side note, the Texas Highland Lakes Unit is sponsoring it's bi-annual Vintage Rally, October 3-6, 2013, in Gonzales, Texas. The last time we held the Vintage Rally, we had a seminar led by two cabinet builders on exactly what you're talking about - building and moving cabinets for an Airstream. Pahaska, here on the Forums, was one of the speakers at that seminar (also a contributing writer for Airstream Life) and is the Seminar Chairman for the Upcoming Vintage Rally. He is who I would go to for answers. And we would love to have you join us in October!
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote