Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2004, 05:03 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Red face Replacing couch with recliners in 30' Excella

I would like to hear from members who have replaced the couches in their trailers in favor of a pair of recliners (or other chairs) I have NEVER been able to get comfortable on the couches in the two A'Screams we have had and am seriously considering just tossing the thing in the junk pile.
Your comments please?
Ufatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 05:18 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Do it. I put a lazy boy in mine & like it.
Dick
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 06:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I think one would be giving up a lot of functionality with a big La-Z-boy hogging up that space, and not able to turn into anything. Dick, what sacrifices did you have to make when putting in yours?

Was it only feasable to do so beacuse of your long 31' length? Or did you find a way to add it without giving up sleeping capacity?

(Voice-over) "Inquiring minds want to know!" (woman on a bench) "I want to know!"
Old 04-24-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo
I think one would be giving up a lot of functionality with a big La-Z-boy hogging up that space, and not able to turn into anything. Dick, what sacrifices did you have to make when putting in yours?

Was it only feasable to do so beacuse of your long 31' length? Or did you find a way to add it without giving up sleeping capacity?

(Voice-over) "Inquiring minds want to know!" (woman on a bench) "I want to know!"
Bredlo,
Actually that's not quite true~!
While I haven't done this yet..I did see one unit at a recent rally that I attended over the past weekend and...
It was a dual LazyBoy recliner with a fold down center for drinks etc..It looked very nice and, was a perfect fit~!

ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
There are other very comfortable recliners that take up less floor space. How about leaving the space open and having a very good inside/outside lounge? Fewer pounds, more flexiblity, and room for happy hour visitors to sleep over.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:02 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Cool Replacing couch plans

Thanks for the comments. We have never had sleep over guests and do not forsee that. While we would lose the under-couch storage we have found other areas to utilize. Not only that, I have found that most of the "stuff" I have packed under the couch is not something I will actually need anyway! In fact we have concluded we travel with way too MUCH stuff most of the time!!
I am heading for Ace Fogdall's next week and I may have them take the couch out then. I've heard they do good work and there are several small problems I want them to take care of, including damage from ANOTHER %^&%$$%^ Good Year Marathon tire losing its tread!
Ufatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:48 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53FlyingCloud
Bredlo,
Actually that's not quite true~!
While I haven't done this yet..I did see one unit at a recent rally that I attended over the past weekend and...
It was a dual LazyBoy recliner with a fold down center for drinks etc..It looked very nice and, was a perfect fit~!

ciao
53FC
footnote: I asked this question. How was it fasten down and, the reply I received was: No need to as, it was found to be heavy enough on its own and found not to move around once it was situated. Good luck on your plans~
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote