Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Relocating fwd gaucho

Soooo, as I plan my gut job (to rework the rear floor), I am thinking of my options to move a few items around .... I'd like to *swing* the fwd gaucho 90 degrees so that the back rests along the street-side wall. The table that resides street-side now will move to fwd wall, taking the gaucho's previous position. I don't know what the weight difference is to decide if it will cause a balance issue... I know the street-side of the trailer already has more weight due to the addition of a large refer - but I'll change that back to a smaller dometic.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
You should be fine with you're plan. You're not shifting that much weight around. I've done several similar things and they didn't change a thing from a towability standpoint.

If you're really worried, pick your smallest anvil from your collection and place it on the light spot.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Thanks Jim - that was the answer I was hoping to get! Hey, how's your paint job holding up? Any more sticky walls?
Laura
Old 06-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Paint's holding up really, really well. What's it been now, 2 years or 3? Can't remember. No more sticky walls.

How's your new career going? Did you find something in your field? I hear SpaceX is hiring.....

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Paint's holding up really, really well. What's it been now, 2 years or 3? Can't remember. No more sticky walls.

How's your new career going? Did you find something in your field? I hear SpaceX is hiring.....

Jim

Well, more of "in the field". I'm the caretaker for a private horse ranch, orchard and farm in rural Reno, NV. I didn't expect it to take months to hear back from recruiters for engineering and made the move out here a couple months after layoff from KSC. THEN the recruiters (mostly aircraft related) started calling. I'm set here for at least another year - it's challenging in many new ways.

Space X rocks! But they've been hiring cream-of-the-crop designer engineers and working them 70 hrs a week. Would love to get an opportunity to interview with them but I know few who make it past application (mine included).
Thanks for asking - it was a tough reality check.

Laura