Old 06-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Vadnais Heights , Minnesota
Question Overhead cabinet hinge screws pulled out

The overhead cabinet door in the galley area of our 2016 25' flying cloud has the three screws pulled out of the spring loaded hinge. These are the screws on the curved part door that swings down to shut it.
The holes are too big now and the screws won't "bite". There is so much pressure on these when opening and closing that I'm wondering how to secure the screws back in well enough.
Toothpicks,matchsticks and wood glue seem like it won't be enough.
Anyone had this issue with a successful solution?

Fipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipp View Post
The overhead cabinet door in the galley area of our 2016 25' flying cloud has the three screws pulled out of the spring loaded hinge. These are the screws on the curved part door that swings down to shut it.
The holes are too big now and the screws won't "bite". There is so much pressure on these when opening and closing that I'm wondering how to secure the screws back in well enough.
Toothpicks,matchsticks and wood glue seem like it won't be enough.
Anyone had this issue with a successful solution?
I had the same issue with my 27' FC. Mine was not so stripped that the screw would not go in and stay by itself, but I could not tighten it. I used some epoxy (and might have used a wood toothpick) to get it to hold. So far, it has not loosened.

billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Toothpicks and glue should work. Might try a wood filler and then re-drill a pilot hole. I'd also think about backing off on the spring pressure on the hinge.