Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Ok attempting reinstall of dual closets and sliding door..

Well decided to go ahead and attempted to put together closets and sliding door with not instructions . I made post asking for pictures of anyone who had same closet and door setup guess no one did posted week ago. So anyways from scratch and 8 hours later we have floor on and door jams. If i did not feed my friend a beer he would of left frustrated .It was building closets from scratch with no plans just parts not fun I hope rest of trailer is runs smother my word.

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Doesn't your service manual show the parts layout exploded and in isometric? Mine does. My layout's different than yours so my book wouldn't help. I ordered my book from Airstream. I think it cost $60 and took a couple weeks to receive. I use it on every project.

Gary
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hi there! Sorry I didn't see your request for the rear bath closet diagrams.

I happen to have a 1977 Service Manual too, and I think that this is what you are looking for. Two images, one showing the exploded diagram of what went where, and the other a textual description of how to do it.

Not perfect, but maybe it can still help...

Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Hey thank you so much for diagrams I have this manual to but it does not show the door jams or frame or the floor boards and hangers assembly's . We needed them to tell how far the closets set in from wall and how high the doors hung. I was hoping some one could show in a picture with closets open . But we already have most of it installed just need to make floor boards for right closet and setup up cloths hanger assembly. We had to do the more one step forward two steps back but I think we got it now 8 hours later.
Thanks for trying

K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcrowley View Post
Hey thank you so much for diagrams I have this manual to but it does not show the door jams or frame or the floor boards and hangers assembly's . We needed them to tell how far the closets set in from wall and how high the doors hung. I was hoping some one could show in a picture with closets open . But we already have most of it installed just need to make floor boards for right closet and setup up cloths hanger assembly. We had to do the more one step forward two steps back but I think we got it now 8 hours later.
Thanks for trying
(also noticed this is the sliding door assembly only no closet assembly is in service manual)

K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Old 09-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Well got closet install just looking to replace doors the other doors got moister in them messing up the laminate and also the color which I want different anyways. Now we are trying to fit refrigerator in ,the wall is only issue (right of frig) had to move wall channel excursion over half inch ( I know it means Ill have to move the corner table over to but it should not make big difference) . Wish me luck...

K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust