Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #121
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Woodland Hills , California
Hey Steve, I used birch veneer for for the walls, ceiling and finally to cover all the cabinets. It was a long and tedious project. At one point, due to humidity, the ceiling started to bubble. I was totally sick. Thinking that I had done all that work for nothing. I rerolled the ceiling over and over finally getting it to re-stick. I then immediately sealed the veneer with sanding sealer. That did the trick. Don't use 1/8" ply as it will not work on the compound angles. I tried many times to use it and cut the cost of the veneer. Also, if you veneer, make sure that you order it with the same grain pattern (one tree) so that your grain lines up. Good luck. Kenny
kennyp315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #122
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Kenny!

Great looking trailer!!!

You should be very proud!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
What an awesome job you've done with the Airstream. Love the colors you chose as well!
I can't wait to see the next issue of Airstream Life the picture of you with the palm trees and surf boards is very cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyp315 View Post
Thanks for the help. These are some of the photo's in next issue Airstream Life. The next post is what I started with, Kenny
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
G (AirHog), Do you have pics of your completed interior? Would love to see them. I think I am speaking for many on this board.

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
https://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #125
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Airhog,
Your first two posts in this thread are supposed to contain pix. But there are no pix there any longer (or maybe never were).
What's up with that? Can you please re-place them?

BTW you are still shown as a dealer. Are you back? I thought you were boilin' footlongs for Sonic.?????

Did you get to Arlington for the blowout? Please take A&M's coach along with Jerry Jones, his "cowgirls" and the new monstrosity of a stadium back to the hills of Arky forever.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #126
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
I realize this is an old post but I just puchased the '75 Sovereign with the beautiful black cabinets and rope trim! It is a dream come true! I bought it in Texarkana and now it's currently on its way to Estes Park, Colorado to live for the next 6 months. Then who knows! Thank you for a lovely trailer. I've been looking for over a year for The One.

Rob
arandruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandruska View Post
I realize this is an old post but I just puchased the '75 Sovereign with the beautiful black cabinets and rope trim! It is a dream come true! I bought it in Texarkana and now it's currently on its way to Estes Park, Colorado to live for the next 6 months. Then who knows! Thank you for a lovely trailer. I've been looking for over a year for The One.

Rob
You can't leave us hanging, we need to see some pictures inside and out. Glad you found your Airstream. Enjoy.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
You can't leave us hanging, we need to see some pictures inside and out. Glad you found your Airstream. Enjoy.
Now I See, you bought the 1975 Sovereign with the black cabinets with the pictures in this thread. Glad to see this Airstream being passed on to someone who will take care of her.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #129
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Yes! She came from great guys who took excellent care of her and did some amazing work! My new husband and I plan to travel the coutry and work at the National Parks. We'll be in Rocky Mountain this summer and find out sometime in July/Aug where we will go for winter. I'm hoping Big Bend!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #130
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Yes, we are all looking forward to new pics. And to systems integrity as good as the interior finish.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #131
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
The integrity of the trailer is as well kept as the interior is beautiful. I'm very happy to say. No sag or seperation in the bumper, solid body, solid floors, and beautiful blue and white striped awnings! Tanks are all in working order as well as the heat/A/C.

I did paint the walls. It was a bit too dark in here for us to comfortably live full time. The cabinets are still black though. They are so beautifully done I couldn't change that.