Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Matching 2009 Flying Cloud cabinet veneer?

Is there a known source where I can buy matching veneer for our 2009 Flying Cloud? Or even better, matching plywood sheets?
JakoVdL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakoVdL View Post
Is there a known source where I can buy matching veneer for our 2009 Flying Cloud? Or even better, matching plywood sheets?
Not sure what you are looking for because the interior surfaces are not wood, they are a laminate product most likely Formica or Wilsonart. I suggest you call Airstream customer support and ask what they used. The exact match may or may not still be in production, but with a Google search you might find some somewhere. Good luck……..
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by field & stream View Post
Not sure what you are looking for because the interior surfaces are not wood, they are a laminate product most likely Formica or Wilsonart. I suggest you call Airstream customer support and ask what they used. The exact match may or may not still be in production, but with a Google search you might find some somewhere. Good luck……..
Thanks field & stream. I’m thinking about adding some lower cabinets. But that whole process starts with being able to use the same cabinet product, or something that looks the same. I have a pretty comprehensive woodshop, so I’m hoping to find sheets of the same/similar product and build my new cabinets from there.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
When we had this need for our 2007, the exact match was out of production and could not be found anywhere but we did find a useful one that was very similar. When we added a covered porch to our house we couldn’t get anywhere close to the existing aged metal roofing so we intentionally went for a contrasting look — and it came out great.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by field & stream View Post
When we had this need for our 2007, the exact match was out of production and could not be found anywhere but we did find a useful one that was very similar. When we added a covered porch to our house we couldn’t get anywhere close to the existing aged metal roofing so we intentionally went for a contrasting look — and it came out great.
Yes, thanks field & stream, we’ve considered the contrasting option as well.
I think calling Airstream HQ as a first step is a good start.