Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Grass Cabinet Hinges - Replacement?

One of the three cabinet door hinges for the wardrobe on our 2011 FC23FB lost both of the little adjustment screws. I contacted the manufacturer, GRASS, who replied - "those are proprietary and out of production, you'll have to replace all three hinges, and be sure that the replacements fit the cutouts in the door." Thanks! I am loath to replace three hinges for lack of two little screws, and can anticipate losing more little screws as the miles accumulate. Has anyone found a substitute for these screws? Or an exact substitute for the hinge GRASS 1006 30.
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
You might try ‘ cabinetparts.com ‘
‘Nexus’ is the replacement for the discontinued part.

However, you might not be able to just get the screws. Maybe ace hardware could help.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Joe... PM me. I will give you two. Are these the very small ones that hold the two hinge plates together? Somewhere I scanned those on the Airforum to illustrate what holds their cabinet doors together.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Elko , Minnesota
Cool grass hinge part number

Hello from on the road . one of the under sink curved cabinet hinges on my 2017 FB FC has worn to the point I can't secure it. The attachment to the door and frame are both fine, it is the small curved portion that hooks around the studs for adjustment that is worn out. What I need to know is the replacement part number for the GRASS hinge. On Cabinetparts, the one that appears to match is: Tiomos 110 degree Screw on Full Overlay hinge, soft close". Anyone know if this is the one? I have read here about using piano hinges and such, but I'm just looking for the "quick fix" at the moment. Thanks:
Old PJ is offline   Reply With Quote