Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Gaucho Hardware Issues

Hey there-

I'm fairly new to the Airstream/trailer world and have had great luck with our new to us 2006 25ft Safari SE for our family.

The gaucho hardware or sliding hinges that allow the bed portion to slide out no longer work properly. Basically, I can't even pull the guacho bed out all the way and often can't push it in all the way. I'm having a tough time diagnosing the issue. Not only that I can't even figure out how to release the guacho pull out bed from the slides. There must be a way! Right?

So a couple of questions:
How do I release the bed from the slides and where is the best place to buy replacement hardware/slides for the gaucho?

Appreciate any insight on this issue from others.

Thank you.
Abj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Steelville , MO
We have a "new" 2006 25' Safari too!

And our slide out bed extension thing was difficult to pull out and the door under it had to be open to do it. Hubby was trying to get it out and the trim/handle came off! While trying to put it back on we discovered the drawer slide system was held on with only 4 screws, 2 of which had come out!
The only way he found to get the slide out was pull it out as far as possible, and there was screw on each side he removed, which let the slide come all the way out. He then filled the wallowed out holes (with match sticks and glue and wood putty) and put screws in EVERY hole he found. I think it was 4 on each side. It's nice and solid now and slides in & out nicely.
I think we need to put 2 or even 3 legs on there so when it's out it's supported. There is room to swing them up, but not sure how we'd keep them up. Haven't worried about that, since we may not use it and it's so much sturdier now.

All that said, I'm betting you have 1 or 2 (or more!) screws in the track preventing it from being pulled out. Maybe get all the stuff in the space underneath out and pull from the back or see if you can find the offending screws.
Jeantree is offline   Reply With Quote