Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I used Formica in my trailer, and ended up having about 20K in it anyway...

I used to really like fancy premium finishes, I am getting simpler tastes with age.

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #22
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Yup, different thread, please. Go for it.

Meanwhile, our Airstream is currently at the dealer awaiting the counter repair guy. I'll report back when they get the job done.

Oh, and Mr. Morgan, I can only dream about the beautiful hand-crafted interior I've seen in shots of your trailer while I fret and curse the Gods of Corian.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #23

Word from the dealer is that the end cabinet nearest the door was loose, which led to the crack in the counter. So, they've removed the counter, firmly fastened the cabinet in place, repaired the counter and put everything back together.

We'll see how it looks in a couple of weeks, as we are still waiting on a new front compartment door with dual latches, which AS is building for our trailer because the original leaks water, but that's a different thread.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #24

Finally picked up our TT today - we can't even see where the crack previously formed, so we're very happy.

As of now I'd say the Corian repair was a success. I'm actually happy about that, as it would have been a shame to toss our nearly new countertop into a dump somewhere instead of getting years more use out of it, which we now will hopefully be able to do.