Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Counter top Measurements

I want to replace the counter top in my 1976 center bath A/S. I saw some prefabed counter top sections at Lowes with curved front and back splash that measured 25" from the fron edge to the back edge of the back splash. I don't have the trailer home now and hoping someone might have that measurement.

Thanks

Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I just measured my 1975 Trade Wind and the counter top is 26" from the back of the splash to the front edge. Mine has trim on the front which brings it out just a little more.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
That is standard countertop...should work
FLYNCLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #4

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Sketch

Don,

I sketched the bathroom counter in my 76 center bath.

Oh and the dimension from the back edge to the leading edge of the radius is 17"

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MX-M620N_20090407_040919.pdf (130.2 KB, 140 views)

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Question

I drove over to my storage today and the measurements for my 31' sovereign center bath kitchen sink area are 29" from the back edge of the splash guard to the front edge X 45". This section is slightly higher about 1/12" than the small area where the stove/range is mounted. This section is 21 1/2" wide and 29" deep. So the standard counter sections that are 25" deep will not work.

Here is a link to interesting approach that I am getting some details on. has anyone heard of this.

Don

Granite-Light.com - Lightweight Alternative & Replacement Granite Countertops
Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
corian

Don,

If you can find a place that will sell it, you can buy sheets of Corian (or one of the clones) with which to make your own counter.

The stuff is mostly plastic, and therefore standard woodworking tools will cut it nicely. It is also possible to glue pieces together to make a fancy routered edge or backsplash. I don't remember off hand what kind of glue though. Sorry.

A little bit of buffing, and it is ready to go. Corian can also be purchased in just about any color/pattern to match the look of granite.

I would stay away from natural stone products, as they are too brittle for the movement inside an AS.

Good luck,

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Thumbs up Countertop and sink sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody.303 View Post
Don,

If you can find a place that will sell it, you can buy sheets of Corian (or one of the clones) with which to make your own counter.

The stuff is mostly plastic, and therefore standard woodworking tools will cut it nicely. It is also possible to glue pieces together to make a fancy routered edge or backsplash. Woody
Hers is link to SolidSurface.com, https://solidsurface.com/ that sells surplus pieces of Corian and other manufactures of solid surface countertops in a range of sizes. Click on the "View all surplus items" for a list of pieces and a color snapshot. You can also sort bt sizes ranges. I order a 50" X 30" piece for my countertop project. Prices are not bad and reasonable shipping cost.

For the new sink here is the link to American stonecast Kitchen Sinks for RV's, Residential Homes, Mobile & Modular Homes that has RV size sinks that I am looking at either as a drop in or under mount application. They also have a product called "Granite Light" for countertops but I was unable to get any retailed information other than what is provided on their web site.

Don
Old 04-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Hers is link to SolidSurface.com, https://solidsurface.com/ that sells surplus pieces of Corian and other manufactures of solid surface countertops in a range of sizes. Click on the "View all surplus items" for a list of pieces and a color snapshot. You can also sort bt sizes ranges. I order a 50" X 30" piece for my countertop project. Prices are not bad and reasonable shipping cost.

For the new sink here is the link to American stonecast Kitchen Sinks for RV's, Residential Homes, Mobile & Modular Homes that has RV size sinks that I am looking at either as a drop in or under mount application. They also have a product called "Granite Light" for countertops but I was unable to get any retailed information other than what is provided on their web site.

Don
Good choice Don. That will look great!!!

We would sure like to see some photos when you are done.

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote