Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Send a message via Yahoo to dbgulick
Cabinets for 73 Argosy - Free

I am removing the upper cabinets, bunk w/ drawers, heater, and closet from my 1973 20' Argosy (port side - replacing with bunks). I think the original heater works, but have not used it in the 10 years I have owned the unit.

Everything is in almost perfect shape and I have no idea what to do with it. I have no place to store it and can't bring myself to discard such nice stuff. If anyone wants it, you are welcome to it.

I'm in southern Delaware now and will be taking the trailer to central Florida in mid October. My plans are somewhat flexible so I may be able to work with someone who can use the materials.

David
dbgulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
David, it is certainly nice of you to offer these parts. I am sure someone will take you up on your offer. If you are coming to central Florida - Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne is a great place to land.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
David, it is certainly nice of you to offer these parts. I am sure someone will take you up on your offer. If you are coming to central Florida - Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne is a great place to land.
I have a small place in Astor (between Ormond Beach and Ocala on the St. Johns river) where I'll be doing the refitting in preparation for a 2-3 month road trip in the Spring. I have enjoyed the Melborne area traveling on the ICW as well as golf. Perhaps I'll check out LYH when I'm in the area.

Thanks for the reply,

David
Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
portland , Tennessee
Do you still have the items listed?
netlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by netlace View Post
Do you still have the items listed?
Yup. I'll be back to lower Delaware on Thursday and will be there another week of so before heading to central Florida around the 18th. You are apparently interested in the stuff. That's good. I really don't want to discard perfectly good cabinets just because they don't fit my needs for the nest few years.

David
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Western US Cities , CA,AZ,NV,UT,OR,WA
Hello David,

I am in need of a heater if it is not spoken for. We just purchased a 71 Globetrotter LY w/out a heater. It was removed years ago. We are close to I-95 and could swing by to meet you on your way down to FL. If it is still available, please let me know how we can get in touch.

Regards,

Mike
Seymour1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour1971 View Post
Hello David,

I am in need of a heater if it is not spoken for. We just purchased a 71 Globetrotter LY w/out a heater. It was removed years ago. We are close to I-95 and could swing by to meet you on your way down to FL. If it is still available, please let me know how we can get in touch.

Regards,

Mike
I assume you are talking about the original Suburban furnace? Been there and I procrastinated about getting rid mine. It's really not worth it, and they are potentially dangerous. Plus, you will be hard pressed to find parts or anyone willing to service/fix them. There are multiple threads about replacing with a new Suburban NT30 furnace and other alternatives.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Western US Cities , CA,AZ,NV,UT,OR,WA
Lumatic,

Thanks for the info. I see your points. I will dig around for the posts.

Regards,

M
Seymour1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
I assume you are talking about the original Suburban furnace? Been there and I procrastinated about getting rid mine. It's really not worth it, and they are potentially dangerous. Plus, you will be hard pressed to find parts or anyone willing to service/fix them. There are multiple threads about replacing with a new Suburban NT30 furnace and other alternatives.
I agree, and was hesitant to offer the heater. I simply use an electric cube heater so I don't have to worry about gas, fumes, etc. When I bought the trailer I lit the heater to see if it worked, which it did. Anyway, I decided to let someone who knows more about such things than I decide.

Appreciate your comments..

David
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour1971 View Post
Hello David,

Regards,

Mike
Hi Mike.. Didn't mean to be rude in not replying.. Been sort of busy. Anyway, please decide if you want the heater. I share the concerns below about safety, but I really don't know anything about such things.

I can make plans to meet you on my way south.

David
Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
portland , Tennessee
I really need the tambour. I could use the closet but I am in Tn. Will you ship the tambour?
netlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by netlace View Post
I really need the tambour. I could use the closet but I am in Tn. Will you ship the tambour?
Sorry, but my trailer has no tambour.

David