Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2022, 09:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 24' Tradewind
Canoga Park , California
1968 Airstream Tradewind Folding Table Front Twin

I am looking to rebuild my front wall mounted table and I cannot picture how the top leaf folds over the bottom leaf, is it the same length? Would it close and there is a gap where it fits the window? Can anyone provide photos? Any suggestions on replacement laminate?

Thank you so much!
Susie
TeamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:29 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
Marion , New York
My Airstream is a 1970 model but the tables are likely similar in design. The two halves are nearly equal lengths and held together by a small latch on the side when the table is dropped down. There is a continuous hinge connecting the two halves which allows the top leaf to fold open. The folding support leg under the bottom table leaf is attached to sliding rails which will extend and support the top leaf when it's folded open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70 safari1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	425745  
DremStremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 01:09 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1968 24' Tradewind
Canoga Park , California
Table fliptop meets original table

This is perfect! Exactly what I have, I have everything but the fold-over piece.

I am using the table in place with just the one piece of table top (it no longer folds down as the water tank is now in its spot).

My question is when I add the second piece and fold it over, there will be a ridge as it will no longer be the same height as the stationary piece over the window. It seems odd to me that that Airstream would not have compensated for that somehow.

Further detail, if you prop up your table but just use it un-extended is it level to the wall or is there a drop off between second piece and stationary piece of wall?

Thank you,

Susie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ridge between both pieces.png
Views:	27
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	425792  
TeamD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1968, 1968 airstream