Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #1

Wiring Diagram please

If any one has a wiring diagram that covers a 1970 Sovereign I would realy appreciate a copy. I recently purchased the above mentioned trailer and the preveious owner really screwed things up. I have managed to get most of the systems working, but have a few wires left over and my H2O pump isn't getting power and my controll panel doesnt work. Please help.
Thank you for your time,
Old 06-04-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Wiring Diagram please

Greetings Drifter!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintag Airstreaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
If any one has a wiring diagram that covers a 1970 Sovereign I would realy appreciate a copy. I recently purchased the above mentioned trailer and the preveious owner really screwed things up. I have managed to get most of the systems working, but have a few wires left over and my H2O pump isn't getting power and my controll panel doesnt work. Please help.
Thank you for your time,
Airstream didn't start publishing service manuals with the information you are seeking until 1972. It is a possibility that the 1972 may be similar enough to your 1970 that the service manual may be applicable. There is some wiring information in the owners' manual but likely not specific enough to address the issue with which you are currently dealing. You can purchase photo copies of the original manuals as described in the quote below from the Vintage Airstream Club web site:

Quote:
Q: I need an owners and service manual for my Airstream. Where can I get one?
A: The first owners manuals were published in 1964. Prior to that, the owner received a brown envelope containing parts lists and other helpful information on the accessories in his trailer. The VAC has started making these available in the Members Archive section. A service manual with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until 1972.
You can get photocopies of owners manual (1964+) and service manuals (1972-1986) from:

Helen Davis Secretarial Services
PO Box 484 Sidney, OH 45365
(937)492-8885

Prices are about $33 and $70 respectively. After 1986 the Owners Manuals included available service information.
Good luck with your project!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote