Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #1

Wiring Diagram for '73 O'Lander

I was wondering if anyone has a service maunal for a '73 Overlander that shows the wiring diagram of the trailer that they could scan and send me as a jpg.

I'm having trouble tracking down "no power" to the front ceiling light and the 2 reading lights in the corners over the goucho.

Thanks,
James
james814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #2
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
James, I have a copy of a service manual for that model. But is of very poor quality. It probably won't reproduce well. I aslo have the interior out of mine and all of the wiring is exposed.

Which light are you referring to as the ceiling light? The one around the vent? In my camper, there is a light in the center of the front end cap, between the two reading lights. Is that the one you are talking about?

I'll go take a look for specific wires and report back. But if memory serves, all of the DC powered lights feed from the same bundle around the froont vent.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
OK, I'm Back. The two reading lights are fed by a brown and a white wire. White is usually the ground on the 12v stuff in mine. These wires run under the end cap and up into the center of the ceiling. Next to the front vent, on the curbside, under the center ceiling panel, all of the brown wires are twisted together in a big, messy bundle. The ceiling light at the vent is also fed from this bundle. A good guess would be that this bundle has worked itself loose, or that the ground is bad. The ground is bundled in a similar manner. The ground wires can be tested with a multi-meter to the frame of the camper.

Let us know if this helps.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 07-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #4

Thanks for checking into that for me. We just got back from camping this past weekend so I haven't checked the site since I posted.

We did go without lights in the front area, but it was no big deal. The ceiling light is the problem. The vent fan works, but the lights don't. My dad and I tried to track down the wires, but didn't have much luck. I'll have the trailer back this coming weekend and will check it out when we get home.

I'm interested to see what you have in store for the interior of yours. Keep me posted as you progress with your remodel. I plan to start the front area this fall, replacing the goucho and putting up new paneling, then on to the kitcken next spring.

Thanks again,
James
james814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
James, I have a thread called "Doin' the Full Monte" that shows what we've done to date. Unfortunately, I had to take it completely apart and basically start over. If I can ever get the belly pan back on, the interior is next.

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427