Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Wiring diagram 27FB?

Do any of you have a copy of the wiring diagram/schematic for the current 27FB model?
If you do, would you email it to me?
Let me know, and I'll PM my email address to you.
Thanks,
Bluto
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
I have a 2009 27FB and I contacted the factory to purchase a service manual or electrical diagram. Incredibly, they do not provide any kinds of documents that would allow anyone so inclined or capable to make field repairs. If you're in the boondocks and have a significant electrical problem, apparently the factory is not interested in anything that could help you. I've been able to purchase service manuals on everything from lawnmowers to airplanes and this just seems absurd.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Yes I agree with you 100%. I too called them prior to posting and the word from them is that it is not their policy to give out diagrams and I heard the same thing about a repair manual. I also offered to purchase one and got the same answer you received.
It used to be that Airstream provided those diagrams with each trailer and also included a nice repair manual.
'COMPANY POLICY' is the new answer to everything it seems.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
Just Curious what you want the schematic for??? Maybe we could give you advice on finding what your looking for on your Trayla...

Greg
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Greg,
Thanks for the offer to help, but I have no issues with the electrical components with this trailer.
My reasoning to get the schematic is purely to have it 'just in case'.
I should have explained. I like to have as much info as possible on my trailer so I can do anything I need to down the road. I am putting together my own manual in a form that will be easier for me to find things when needed. I'm missing the electrical schematic. It just makes it a lot easier later when trouble shooting a problem or when wanting to change things later. I was hoping someone on had a electrical schematic or knew someone at Airstream that I can ask to copy one for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
I agree, it is ridiculous that diagrams and schematics are not available. I just had a conversation with the TS guy this morning and he reiterated that AS DOES NOT make them available. It sure would be handy to have a diagram as I try to troubleshoot a problem with the Tripp-Lite Inverter/Converter in my Interstate. But, no can do!

Recalling that I was able to get diagrams for my VW Eurovan Camper from Winnebago, I checked to see if they had changed to a similar can't do policy. Interestingly they still offer all kinds of plumbing and wiring diagrams here. If you drill down, you can see the amazing amount of material available for their customers. I can't fathom why AS can't do the same.

Maybe some persistent hollering from a bunch of owners could turn this around?

Wayne

PS I just sent an email with my pitch to Jim Parrett (Sr. Tech) and John Huttle (B vans product manager). I invite you all to chime in too; maybe we can get this changed!
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Good idea, I'll get a letter out to A/S management too!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
In case others are having a problem not getting info they need, I thought I'd just follow up with this post.
I didn't write a letter to the company as I said that I would do., but I did stop at the service center in JC last Fall to have some work done. Once there, it was easy to obtain the schematic I was looking for from them. I think that once you are there in person and explain your situation they are more willing to give up the info.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Wiring diagrams

Bluto,

I'm glad you got what you needed but I wish you would still write a letter to AS. Not everyone in every circumstance has a chance to pay a visit to JC when they are in need of information to solve a problem or make an upgrade to their rig. In fact, I'll bet that in the vast majority of situations, folks are not anywhere near JC. Take a look at the Winnebago link in my earlier post and feast your eyes on the incredible collection of information that is available there! From this Winnebago site, I was able to get every AC and DC wiring diagram and the plumbing diagram for my VW Eurovan Camper. There is just no reason AS can't do the same thing for their products. I wish everyone on this forum would write to AS HQ about this. If you are a restorer or re-builder of AS products, you should be pushing for this.

Having said all of this, I will say that the Tech Support folks I've dealt with are very supportive and do seem to understand that I live thousands of miles from any AS dealer and am on my own for repairs and upgrade work. In one case, after much persuasion and the promise never to share it, they even supplied me with some needed wiring diagrams for my Interstate. I will honor the promise not to share but it still seems like a silly situation to me.

Thanks,
Wayne
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
In case others are having a problem not getting info they need, I thought I'd just follow up with this post.
I didn't write a letter to the company as I said that I would do., but I did stop at the service center in JC last Fall to have some work done. Once there, it was easy to obtain the schematic I was looking for from them. I think that once you are there in person and explain your situation they are more willing to give up the info.
No offense to you Bluto, but for a loyal customer to have to drive thousands of miles to get a copy of a schematic to one of the most expensive trailers made in the US is just plain stupid as far as customers service goes. It's even arrogant at best. Yeah, if you call they are helpful. What good is that going to do me trying to make a repair in the middle of nowhere on a Saturday night? Some highly paid executive at AS ought to rethink this one.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I agree, just looks like less customer service decided at the corporate level again.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Wiring diagrams

For Bluto, hhendrix and anyone else that works on their Airstream trailers and motorhomes, let the head guy know how you feel. Maybe if Bob received a few dozen letters he would take a serious look at this. I plan to write one.

Bob Wheeler (CEO)
Airstream Inc.
P.O. Box 629
Jackson Center, OH 45334-0629
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
Old 08-07-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Burien , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneskid View Post
For Bluto, hhendrix and anyone else that works on their Airstream trailers and motorhomes, let the head guy know how you feel. Maybe if Bob received a few dozen letters he would take a serious look at this. I plan to write one.

Bob Wheeler (CEO)
Airstream Inc.
P.O. Box 629
Jackson Center, OH 45334-0629
Just refreshing this post to encourage folks to let AirStream know how ridiculous it is no not make wiring schematics available. We frequently need to troubleshoot electrical components while on the road. Most locations we travel to have no AS dealer within hundreds of miles and generic RV stores and dealers are hopeless. This policy at best inconveniences and at worst endangers AS customers. If liability concerns were the real reason for not making the schematics available, I'm sure they have attorneys who can draft release language. They need to re-think this.
SeaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
When I installed solar and a new stereo in my 2008 27FB I was convinced that there was no schematic or plan that people were working from. In both cases I disconnected the birds nests and re-trimmed and rewired everything neatly. The the original stereo sound distribution board was so convoluted I was surprised any signal made it to where it was going. I threw that out. Just my observations.
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote