Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Question Wire ,wire, oh wire can it be ?

Oh wire can it be.....

It appears that my 69 International has never had a radio/ stereo . It has an antenna , lead and also wireing in the front overhead. No speakers have been installed in the front speaker holes , the wires are there. I found the wires for the street side in the rooflocker over the desk. No speaker or sign of ever being one. Cannot find the fourth wire set. Any one know where to direct me to look.

I have now owned my first A/S for two months. So far things are going well. Everything works and is original except cushion covers. This is a blast!!!!!!!
69 Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Ain't life grand? They say every cloud has a silver lining, but every camper wants a silver twinkie.

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Wiring locations are determined by the number of inches from "station zero," and above the floor.

Station zero, is the first main bow.

The roadside and curbside rear speaker locations for a 27 foot trailer, are different.

The location for the curbside wiring is 172 inches rearward from station zero, and 50 inches above the floor, for a twin and double.

The location for the roadside, for a twin is 172 inches from station zero and 50 inches above the floor.

The location for the roadside, for a double bed, is 114 inches from station zero and 50 inches above the floor.

Andy
inlandrv.com
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Smile

Andy,

Thanks so very much. That would put it at about the wall between the bed and the bath in the rear. I will have to look a bit closer the next time I am at the A/S. It is 224 miles north of my home , about 3 miles out of the BWCA (boundry waters canaoe area).

BTW, the solar gray astrodome I got from Inland RV is great . I really like the gray and the ability to see through it. It fits well also. I got the crank fixed by making a top bushing and replacing the "C" clip.

Thanks agian
Loren
Old 05-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Wiring locations and lots and lots of information is readily available in your Airstream Service Manual. If the previous owner did not pass it down to you when you purchased the trailer you can still get one.

Secretarial Services in Ohio has the patent from Airstream and will produce service and owners manuals. They are very prompt and easy to deal with. Their number is 937 492-8885.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:56 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Thumbs up wires/service books

Hi Louie,

Thanks for the tip. I did get the original owners manual , along with the info for refer, furnace, a/c, tv ant, hwh, hitch system , kelsey hayes brakes and controler, magic chef oven and stove, and the therm-x catalytic heater. But no service book for the trailer itself.

Today I found a local rv supplier that has parts for the Jabsco water pump . The diaphragm gasket leaks when the pump reaches pressure and stops, it gives a little squirt of water out .
The tidy sum of $9.00 , sure beats a new pump. Must be the mechanic/ restorer in me . Or maybe the penny pincher . LOL

Bye for now
Loren
Old 05-15-2003, 08:22 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Angry

Hi Louie

I called Secetrial Services this morning. It's one of those good news / bad news things. The owners manual for '69 is available , but not a service manual. '72 is the first year available. Darn!!!!!!

Again , thanks

Loren
Old 05-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Loren.

Buy the manual.

Many many things in a 72 are the same as a 69.

It will be the best Airstream part or accessory investment you ever made.

Andy
inlandrv.com
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Lightbulb

Andy,

I was hoping that might be so. Being new to airstreaming, I wasn't sure. I am glad there are so many helpfull fellow streamers and especially one so informative on the subject as you. It is good to have your knowledge base on board .

Thanks very much Andy,
Loren