Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Gun Barrel City , Texas
Question Where does the battery go?

Hello everyone I'm very new here just having purchased an 1970 Overlander International. I am slowly attempting to learn all the systems and the trailer came without a battery. Does it go under the bunk with the univolt? Or maybe rigged somehow in the aft service center? I do see a pos and neg lead back there not connected at all...looks like it should be to a battery but doesn't look like a place to mount a battery with all the plumbing lines coming through the same space.

Thanks in advance for any help with this...

And thanks for a great place to get information...just joined and already spending hours each day reading all the helpful information!
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtx View Post
Hello everyone I'm very new here just having purchased an 1970 Overlander International. I am slowly attempting to learn all the systems and the trailer came without a battery. Does it go under the bunk with the univolt? Or maybe rigged somehow in the aft service center? I do see a pos and neg lead back there not connected at all...looks like it should be to a battery but doesn't look like a place to mount a battery with all the plumbing lines coming through the same space.

Thanks in advance for any help with this...

And thanks for a great place to get information...just joined and already spending hours each day reading all the helpful information!
The original battery location was in the very rear end of the trailer, where plumbing is also located.

I would suggest that you purchase a "service manual" that will answer many questions that you will have in the very short future.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums. The battery goes in the rear compartment under the bathroom sink. There should be a mount and battery cables there.