RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
sport 16 STL

I went with Victron 100/30. Victron equipment comes highly recommend buy all the solar guys here on AIRforums and many other RV sites. The great feature is the charging profile is programmable so you could start with one battery bank and then (maybe like me) when the budget permits move up to the lithium's and just update the charger controller profile. Check Battleborn web site they have the programing specs and an older video (they show a Bluetooth dongle). Both my BVM712 and 100/30 have integrated Bluetooth and the APP is great. I drive past the storage yard to and from work and can't resist driving in & pulling up the app and getting all the info for the days solar input and battery state of charge.

As for battery monitor space the shunt is the most time consuming to mount because you need to reroute the neg cabling from the battery. Once that's in place its just a data cable to where ever you put the monitor. At this point I made a temp mount for the monitor in my storage/electrical bay because I use the APP exclusively. You can't go wrong with Victron products.
Rick & Becky #28279
2018 FC27FBQ
2018 RAM 1500
KD3OBX 146.520
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by golivera View Post
Hi, these wires are pre installation for solar panels. Runs from roof trough the vent and the fridge area to the electric box.

Resurrecting my own old thread, now that I’m finally ready to hook up some rooftop solar two example controller: I assume the yellow is positive, green is negative? Not really sure exactly how to test that, even with a multi meter. Not sure if maybe if I have it hooked up correctly it will read positive voltage, if I have it backwards it will read negative?

Kind of weird how the wires are red and black at the rooftop solar port, but green and yellow at the under bed location.
doughpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Hartsburg , Missouri
Someone here may know and reply but otherwise with at least one panel connected on the roof put a voltmeter across the wires. if you have a positive voltage then whatever wire the red probe is connected to is positive, otherwise reverse.--Frank
Equalizer Hitch
fran&frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:42 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran&frank View Post
Someone here may know and reply but otherwise with at least one panel connected on the roof put a voltmeter across the wires. if you have a positive voltage then whatever wire the red probe is connected to is positive, otherwise reverse.--Frank

Thanks Frank, that is what I will try.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughpat View Post
Thanks Frank, that is what I will try.

OK, happy to report it is sort of intuitive, in that the lighter colored yellow wire is positive, and the darker colored green wire is negative. At least, I should say that when I have them hooked up in that fashion the voltage reads as positive.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:24 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
St. Louis , Missouri
Confirming, yellow should be the positive.
Sport 16 STL is offline   Reply With Quote