Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
vent fan wiring

??? I want to install a regular airstream vent fan . I am thinking of using the power lead to the ceiling light.I am using the kitchen ceiling vent to install it in. Has any one put one in ? If so how did you wire it.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

I don't know what a "regular airstream vent fan" is, but I take it you are seeking to power a new fan/vent located in the center of the ceiling? If so, do a search for "Fantastic Fan" and you will see several threads on this topic.

Taking the power off the light should work well.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
vent fan

What I mean by regular is it is the single speed fan that they put in in 86. I am going to try it in the AM and I will hook it up with jumper wires to make sure it does not dim the light down to much. Thanks
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

The wiring to the front lamp is #10 and would be more than adiquate to run the fan. You can install it inbetween the over head vent and screen. You will have to make a bracket to hold the moter and fan assy. You can mount a push button or toggle switch in the side of the vent housing. Johnstone or WW Grainger will have the motor and fan and the switch. You will have to measure the clearance of the top of the vent to the scren to make sure it will all fit. God Luck, Griff
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote