Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
LAFAYETTE , Colorado
Two 6 volt batteries replacing one 12 volt

Hi,

Obviously I am non electrical minded. Changing out my 12 volt to two 6 volt batteries on my 2006 Bambi 16ft. Series is my guess ie positive from trailer to positive post of battery one and negative to frame from negative post of battery two, then connect the positive and negative between the two batteries. Am I on the right track?
TY PECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
See my thread here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...ld-143063.html

I posted a bit further down the wiring diagrams of various 6V combos.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TY PECK View Post
Hi,

Obviously I am non electrical minded. Changing out my 12 volt to two 6 volt batteries on my 2006 Bambi 16ft. Series is my guess ie positive from trailer to positive post of battery one and negative to frame from negative post of battery two, then connect the positive and negative between the two batteries. Am I on the right track?
Close. The negative cable from the battery will go to your negative bus bar inside the trailer. From there, it should have an existing negative connection to the frame.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt