Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2003, 07:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Tail Light on '62 Overlander

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am having trouble with the right turn signal. I have narrowed the problem down to one bad wire from the access port, back to the light itself. I ran an external wire to test, and it works fine. My question is:

Does anyone have a good method of running a wire internally to the tail light? The belly pan already has a few access ports in it, but when you get to the back section, there is some structural wood that blocks the path up to the light. I also think there is some wood higher up, just below the light that would be a problem. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Deppdog
Deppdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

running new wire

There is an electicians steel tape that comes in different sizes and lengths, in a roll(metel). tie the end of steel tape on old wire, find the other ind of wire and pull through very slow and gently. Or you can attach the new wire and pull through the same way. It works for me.
With rent houses and remodling travel trailers , learning is an experence. Tomy