Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

2018 16' Sport
Nashville , Tennessee
Switch for refrigerator_

I own a Bambi Sport 16’ in the year of 2018, bought a refrigerator for it in 2017. I’m struggling to determine if it has a fan or not, does it actually works. What’s the switch on the right side of the fridge where I sit, colored red, and a light turns on after you flip it up. The bottom part says “fan sw”(what?) and the top it says refer (what?) Does it help turn on the fan? What does it mean? I read on the forum that when you feel cool air in the freezer, then it’s working. Is there a filter between the vent and thr fridge that needs to be changed? And below under the seat in the same couch location on the bottom towards the front, could this benefit from helping the fridge cooling faster? Can mold affect the way it runs? Can the drain tube be stopped up? I also read that here’s a thermistor. What’s that? This a lot but I need to know.
Sport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
The switch is for the fridge vent fan, it is in behind the fridge and does not move air into fridge or freezer just through vent area across the fridge coils, no filter. This should also have a thermostat so if it is cool out and fridge is off the fan wont run even with switch on.

Yes the fan can help the fridge cool faster and in hot weather it will help the fridge stay colder.

Mold should make little to no difference to fridge, would be healthier for you to get rid of mold though.

It is possible for any drain line to get stopped up.

The thermistor is basically how the fridge checks its temperature, adjusting it up or down makes the fridge think it is warmer or colder.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote