Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Squaw Valley , California
Sway Control

I would appreciate help with our 22' Argosy trailer 1976:

1. The manual shows an optional Tru-track sway control--the device seems to be located under the front floor above the belly pan. Is there an exact location?

2. The sway control module receives power from trailer battery and sends a signal to (yellow) brake circuit. I have located a 10 gauge blue wire at the same breaker terminal post with the main trailer battery charge line (blue-8 ga) at the 7 way control panel. Could this be the sway control feedline?

Thanks.
kimelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Sway Control

Greetings kimelaine!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy Ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimelaine View Post
I would appreciate help with our 22' Argosy trailer 1976:

1. The manual shows an optional Tru-track sway control--the device seems to be located under the front floor above the belly pan. Is there an exact location?

2. The sway control module receives power from trailer battery and sends a signal to (yellow) brake circuit. I have located a 10 gauge blue wire at the same breaker terminal post with the main trailer battery charge line (blue-8 ga) at the 7 way control panel. Could this be the sway control feedline?

Thanks.
The electronic sway control option was a relatively short-lived option offered on both Airstream and Argosy trailers. Evidently it must have either been unreliable or didn't perform as advertised as I have yet to run into an owner of a Vintage coach with this feature installed and operational. While I haven't read of anyone researching the company that made the device, but I suspect they are either out-of-business, or the device has been obsolete for so long that they no longer provide any type of support for the unit. With the advances of tow vehicle brake systems (anti-lock and stability contorl) and the advances in trailer brake controllers in the time since the 1970s; I would be reluctant to consider towing a coach with the device connected in today's taffic.

I must admit that I have been curious to see photos of the system as I have only seen it mentioned in the option books and price lists.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Andy/Inland RV should know something about this. I'd PM him.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Made by Kelsy. There is one for sale at Kelsey Tru Track Trailer Sway Control, NIB, | eBay

I searched the web but could not find any instuctions. Wonder how they worked? Did they activate the brakes to counteract sway?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Sway Control

Tru-Track . . . or electronic sway control has come up in a number of threads overy the years regarding the 1970s Airstream and Argosy Travel Trailers. Some of the threads where this option has been mentioned include:
Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote