Old 05-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Solar installation Michigan

Hello fellow Streamers.

I’m looking for a recommendation for a reliable solar installer in Michigan if possible, Midwest if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

MIFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
If you are doing a larger install I’d recommend you consider making the drive for hood river, Oregon and have Lew Farber do your install.

I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my rig I did the trip from Denver and it was worth it.

We made it into a 3,500 mile road trip family vaca. It was an awesome trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	312505  

wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:12 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Thanks. I’d love to have him do the work and we are making our annual trek to SW Montana for a couple of weeks of fly fishing in late June/early July. I did look up the route from Big Sky to Hood River. Just not sure we have the time during our busy vacation (or if he does . . .)

I’ve been trying to get the local dealer involved, but they are way too busy to even give me a quote and booking months out as well. Maybe have to look into Jackson Center.

I’ve been following your set up, beautiful work. Also like Lew’s “no drilling” philosophy.
MIFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Camano Islander

2007 19' Bambi
1965 17' Caravel
Iowa City , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
If you are doing a larger install I’d recommend you consider making the drive for hood river, Oregon and have Lew Farber do your install.

I wouldn’t trust anyone else with my rig I did the trip from Denver and it was worth it.

We made it into a 3,500 mile road trip family vaca. It was an awesome trip.
I'm taking my AS to Lew in Hood River after needless expense and a not quite right install at Northwest Adventures RV in Chicago. Nice people but, it's gotta be Lew.
CamanoIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFC View Post
Thanks. I’d love to have him do the work and we are making our annual trek to SW Montana for a couple of weeks of fly fishing in late June/early July. I did look up the route from Big Sky to Hood River. Just not sure we have the time during our busy vacation (or if he does . . .)

I’ve been trying to get the local dealer involved, but they are way too busy to even give me a quote and booking months out as well. Maybe have to look into Jackson Center.

I’ve been following your set up, beautiful work. Also like Lew’s “no drilling” philosophy.
You don't want JC to do the install - they know nothing about solar or how to design / implement a system tailored to your needs.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote