Old 04-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1987 31' Excella
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Wake Forest , North Carolina
SoftStartRV Install on Vintage Excella

Hi everyone. Good news! I was able to install a SoftStartRV on a 13k system on my Vintage 1986 Excella, operating off a Honda EU2000i generator, with auxiliary loads running, and also with a 30A utility hookup. We were 100% successful. Below is a summary of my results.

The installation is quick and easy, and took less than an hour. You only need common tools to make the connections. Here is a photo of the installation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftstartRV Installed.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	366769

With SoftStartRV installed and running, the 13k air conditioner starts and runs even with some auxiliary load on the Honda's generator.

In summary, you can run one A/C on one generator, or two A/Cs if each has a SoftStartRV installed on 30A service. You donít need 50A service in order to run both A/Cs. This is a tremendous advantage and cost saving since many camp sites only have 30A electrical service hook-ups.

I spoke to the team at SoftStartRV about my recent installation. They were delighted and they created a special offer code DM50 that gives anyone in our forum $50 off the regular price, plus they also offered a free installation kit, free shipping in North America and a 90-day money back guarantee if youíre not happy. Just click on this link to take advantage of this discount. https://www.softstartusa.com/specialoffer/
ww4nc is offline   Reply With Quote