Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Herndon , Virginia
Sigh! Replacing 110 and Cable Inlet Covers

Well, the first long trip (5 weeks!) was going fine until I got my Intl 27's drivers's side too close to the left side of Disney World's Fort Wilderness campground entry booth. A doorknob on the outside of the ticket booth door raked a scape from front to back of the trailer....and on the way, tore off the inlet covers for the 110v shore power and cable/sat TV. It also whacked the black tank cleaning hose inlet so it now wiggles, but did not come out. I see no point in filing a claim with Disney (I'm the dummy). Questions:

1. The covers shattered. They look like simple unscrew/screw in installation to replace, but I'm not sure what's behind them in wiring, both for shore power and cable. Anybody replace 'em? There are matching parts/part numbers in the International parts book under exterior and under 110v electrical, and I'm not sure which part numbers apply. Input appreciated.

2. The black tank cleaning hose inlet. DOes loose/wiggly mean that the exterior nozzle separated fromt the inside water line...if that happened, when I clean the tank I'd be spraying water down the inner wall of the trailer. If it's just loose, I could still use it to clean the black tank. I'm thinking either shove a piece of garden hose in there when I clean the tank, to limit/cut off leaking, or don't clean the tank until I can get it repaired.

All thoughts appreciated. Rookie errors cost more. Fortunately, panel/sheet aluminum damage is minor, probably will mostly buff out. Tow-driver ego will never be the same, probably a good thing.

66 coupe
66coupe is offline   Reply With Quote