Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2017, 04:40 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
SeeLevel monitor

I did a search and came up with nothing related. I've got a 2016 23D, The SeeLevel monitor panel has on a few occasions stopped working. That is, no display when buttons are pressed. The pump led illuminates, which leads me to believe it's getting power. This past weekend, it was working fine when we hooked up the camper. When we got to our destination and settled in it was working. Then the next morning I checked and nothing was shown on the display. I tried multiple times throughout the day and still nothing (the other two times it briefly stopped, it came back to life the next time I checked it). I took the panel off to see if there might be some loose wiring, but everything looked sound. There's not much you can really do with the panel. So, after we packed up on Sunday, I checked again. Nothing. Then once more when we stored the camper. Wednesday we had to go back out to the camper and I checked and it was working! Nothing different than before and it was just working!

I'd take the camper in to have it looked at, but with such an intermittent thing, I'm not sure it's worth it when I know it will come back as NTF... no trouble found.

Has anybody seen this behavior before, or have any ideas on what I might want to try?
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Those intermittent problems are the worst. :-(

Did you try to unplug and then re plug the RJ connection in the back when you removed the display unit from the wall? My display once stopped displaying the levels when I touched it and a charge of static electricity hit the display. That fixed it for me. BTW, I did not have the intermittent failure symptom you describe. Mine just didn't work at all. Hopefully this simple action will fix it for you.