RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2004 25' Safari
Prescott , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to gadgetat Send a message via Yahoo to gadgetat
Verizon Prices

Frank,

I'm on their national broadband plan, and that costs $69.00 per month for unlimited usage. The card cost less the $100. All that was of course with a 2 year contract.

I will say, with your national phone plan you can get on their network (#777) via a data ready phone and USB adapter cable. Going that way will cost you minutes off your regular phone plan.

If you're like me, and need the internet for business, then the bulk plan is best.
WBCCI #2551 | blog
gadgetat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #22
_

. , .
hi sky watchers......

heard at the rv show last month that kvh tracvision was supposed to roll out a dual purpose dish this month...tv and web...priced under 2k$ for the gear and reasonable monthly tab....

anyone got an update on this..

cheers
2air'

gadgetat.......

the broadband tele may be fine in those tiny northeastern states...
but west of the mississippi......and rural it is of no real value...

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #23
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi gadgetat--Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to spend some time with Verizon to determine what would be best for me. Currently I am not close to using all my minutes, so maybe extra minutes with #777 may be the way to go.--Frank S
Frank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Verizon Customers have 4 Phones to Connect to EV-DO Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S
I'm going to spend some time with Verizon to determine what would be best for me. Currently I am not close to using all my minutes, so maybe extra minutes with #777 may be the way to go.--Frank S
Here is a quote from the Internet by Cell Phone Yahoo Group;
---
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:59:46 -0500 (EST) From: tomnagy@nauticom.netSubject: BroadbandAccess Connect Gives Double Duty To HandsetsVerizon Wireless Customers Can Use Four Wireless Phones to Connect toEV-DO NetworkBrenda RaneyBrenda.Raney@VerizonWireless.com908-306-483402/13/2006BEDMINSTER, NJ ó Verizon Wireless, the nationís leading wirelessservice provider, announced today that customers with The V and VX8100from LG or the RAZR V3c and E815 from Motorola can use their wirelessphone as a modem and get BroadbandAccess on Verizon Wirelessíaward-winning Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) network. A simple cableconnection from a wireless phone to a laptop and a subscription toBroadbandAccess Connect gives customers the option of using thenationís largest wireless broadband service to download data. VerizonWireless expects to continue to offer BroadbandAccess Connect onadditional phones and devices in the future.
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I used a Verizon aircard all weekend while at the Cherry Blossom Rally (which was a blast!) just south of DC in a horse pasture, and it did everything I expected. It was slow, but I have a slow dial-up at home, so I'm used to it. I primarily used it to keep up with my work e-mail, and to read the forums and news. 2air is right, broadband would be nice, but the current state of coverage, even in the northeast, isn't good enough to justify the expense.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote