I know a number of you folks have already replaced some or all of the Wirecon/Diamond "speed wire" style crap-o-matic AC outlets in your trailer. This weekend I started with two. I used shallow "old work" boxes with the screw "fingers" that clamp the outlet to the wall. For the outlet that was at the end of the run and only had one romex cable into it, I used this smaller 7 CI box.
For the other outlet that had romex going in and out I used this larger 17 CI box
. I was fine with the depth of the box, but I did need to use my Dremel tool with a disk blade to cut out the wall a bit. It was like cutting butter and went very quickly. Once I did that, the boxes popped right it. The clamping fingers also worked out perfectly.
I had never looked at the Wirecon style rv/mobile home receptacles before, but once I did I was motivated to start changing them all out. I know they work fine most of the time, but the fingers that bite into the wires on the back side are rather flimsy. I am thinking twice about plugging in out electric heater into one of them after taking a look LOL. Over time, when it's not too hot out, I plan on changing them all out. I figure, why have an AC receptacle in AS that I wouldn't (actually couldn't by code) put in my house. Just FWIW.
Here a couple of pics showing the box in the wall and then with the cover. The stains are no extra charge from an earlier (previous owner) leak. Don't even get me going on leaks, I'm currently chasing one down in the back bedroom