Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2022, 01:02 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Buena Park , CA
Question about Ecoflow Max

Hello everyone,
Recently purchased a used 2020 bambi 22ft. Have been loving it but decided I needed some extra power when waking up the 2nd night freezing bc the furnace and fridge used up my power (thought fridge was propane fed but it's DC).

Anyways, I searched the forums regarding ecoflow delta max and it seems no one has actually tried running the AC on it. I saw someone with the set up but they didn't turn it on because they were using a 30 to 15 amp adapter.

I understand the watt component but does using a 30 to 15 amp adaptor not allow for the A/C to be able to be run? And for the microwave as well?

The delta max has a 5000w surge and a 3400w xboost function which seem to be more than enough to let it run (albeit for an hour or so with its 2000w capacity)

I don't want to go the pro route because that one is 100lbs.

I just want to be able to have the functionality in case of extreme weather as I do have a little one.

Thank you all
whang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:04 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2022 19' Bambi
Northeastern , Pennsylvania
I have a 2022 Bambi 19cb and an EcoFlow Delta Mini.

My AC will run from a 20A home circuit using a NEMA 6-15 dogbone. I'd expect the Delta Max could run the AC with its 2400 watt output (which should supply 20A at 120V). I haven't tried to run the AC from my mini as it only has 1400 watt output (11.7A at 120V).

I really like the EcoFlow. It can charge the batteries, ferry power to the trailer, extend my time out, and make up for the Bambi's lack of inverter, all without any trailer mods.

One thing to note is that if your trailer batteries are low when you plug in, the converter will draw a lot of power charging them. That plus AC may put you over capacity of the Delta Max. My trailer (which has the factory AGM's, 2x 80Ah) will suck down the mini's capacity pretty quickly if its batteries are low. You could turn off the converter breaker to avoid this. Also, not sure the AC or converter will work with X-Boost because it allows the voltage to droop.

Finally, not sure what kind of batteries you have, but the typical recommendation for lead acid / AGM is not to run them below 50% charge (or so) to maximize their life. Running to empty is apparently very hard on them.

Enjoy that Bambi--they're great.
DarthBrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Northern , California
I don't have an ecoflow but it shows up on every boating/rv/auto video on YouTube due to them liberally giving them away to YouTubers. Under sustained load a small computer fan spins up an makes noise. Personally I hate that kind of noise, spent too much time around them in the early days of computers.

So seems fine from what I've seen, but the cooling is nothing fancy FYI.
DrivingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:07 AM   #4
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
I have an Ecoflox Max that I'm using on a 2022 Interstate 19, generally plugged into shore power with the 15 amp adapter when I boondock. I'm able to use either the AC or the microwave for short periods of time. Essentially it doubles our onboard power (200a Lithium-> 400a), plus it charges much faster. As I understand it, our AC has a soft-start installed, so your mileage may vary.

The biggest issue is that plugging it into shore power causes a draw of nearly 400 watts with nothing running, I assume because it is trying to charge the house batteries. A partial solution for that is to flip off the circuit breaker to the converter (ours is marked "Converter/Inverter"). Then our draw drops to 75 watts. I haven't had a chance to determine where that extra power is going. Without flipping that breaker, the inverter comes on automatically. When the breaker is off, I can still turn the inverter on manually. I'm hoping to add a more conveniently located switch for the converter, since the panel is hidden when our bed is folded out. Right now I just have to remember to turn that off if I know we won't be on actual shore power.

I still haven't tested everything extensively, but at the least I expect to get an extra day of boondocking out of it. I'm really pleased with it.
DavePDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:22 AM   #5
r3z
2 Rivet Member

Los Angeles , California
I’ve seen a Lo Lo Ho Video about running on a pro but not max. https://youtu.be/uY-2dSu_yZw
r3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2022 19' Bambi
Northeastern , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBrader View Post
My AC will run from a 20A home circuit using a NEMA 6-15 dogbone.
Typo--that should be 5-15, not 6-15... Regular home outlet.
DarthBrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:38 AM   #7

Currently Looking...
Buena Park , CA
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm not getting emails for some reason for the replies so that is why im late responding. Thank you though.

@davepdx
I believe the 2022 model fridge runs off DC and not propane and that is probably using some of the 75w. My 2020 uses DC as well. That stumped me because I was under the impression that all airstreams ran off either propane or DC but I think that changed around year 2000 and only the DC option is standard.
I definitely appreciate your post because I just need to know it CAN be done. I plan on getting 800 watts of solar to complement and at least have the option in case it is super hot.

Everyone else, thank you so much for your input as well.
whang is offline   Reply With Quote