Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Deerfield Beach , Florida
Power Jack Wiring

I am working on replacing the 12V wiring harness and have a question related to wiring the Power Jack. (Old Power Jack, not the newer Super Power jack) Does anyone recognize this object bolted at the base with two black wires coming out of it that have been cut off? Could this be the 30 amp breaker? If so, what do I connect these two wires to? One has a wire nut on it to a white wire going back to the 12V harness and is connected to the yellow wires at the junction box. It has the markings 63 BD and Theo Bargman Corp. on the back side with a button that doesn't move on the back side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 10 001.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	184720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 10 002.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	184721  

dominicjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
A quick internet search brings this up

http://www.sandridgeairpark.com/Silv...way_Device.pdf

Looks like it is a dis-used breakaway switch. Has the previous owner installed another one and for some reason left this still in place? If not looks like you don't have the required breakaway protection at present. Should be easily resolved.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Deerfield Beach , Florida
Question Answered

Thank You, that solves that mystery. Tomorrow it will be removed and I need to add a new break away system which will be included in the new harness wiring. Now it makes sense to me that one of the wires is connected to the yellow wires at the harness junction box. Thanks again, Dominic
dominicjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicjohn View Post
Thank You, that solves that mystery. Tomorrow it will be removed and I need to add a new break away system which will be included in the new harness wiring. Now it makes sense to me that one of the wires is connected to the yellow wires at the harness junction box. Thanks again, Dominic
Dominic

Glad it was helpful - amazing what a google search will sometimes very quickly reveal!

Incidentally, I envy you living in Ogunquit! (wll, I suppose apart from all the tourists!)

Many many years ago when our kids were young and we lived in Montreal - and long before we had an Airstream - we used to travel to Ogunquit pretty much every summer (early to mid seventies) and camp at a pleasant "woodsy" campground just south of Ogunquit.

I also recall renting a little cabin near the Playhouse when it was too wet for our tent for the princely sum of $8 a night!

We had not been back for many years until just a few years back my wife and I toured through there on our motorcycle from our present home near Toronto on the way up to visit the Maritime provinces.

I was surprised to see how little Ogunquit seemed to have changed in all those years - although the traffic was heavier and I don't think the "Viking" ice cream place was there any more!

Cheers ........ Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote