Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2004, 12:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Power Converter on 92 Land Yacht

Hi,

I've found out that my power converter is putting out way too much voltage,(About 20+ volts). So I'd like to look into replacing it or at least find out if I can dial the voltage down. I currently have the converter breaker turned off and am using a battery charger to charge the house batteries.

But the problem is that I can't find where the converter is. My motorhome is a 30' Land Yacht 1992. I can hear the sound of the converter buzzing in the area of the kitchen (which is on the left side near the middle of the MH). If I pull out all the drawers, I can see a box (on the outer wall, below the counter) which I think is a shore power routing switch because it only has AC cables connected to it so I don't think this box is the converter. The buzzing sound (from the converter transformer?) is coming from somewhere behind the oven area or behind the microwave...ish...

Does anybody have any confirmation on where the converter is? Should I pull the oven out to look behind it? (oh I hope I don't have to).

Thanks for any help.
Dave
DaveJ is offline   Reply With Quote