RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Heber City , Utah
Plugs Donít Work. Help!

I hope someone will see this tonight (Sunday 10/25) and be able to give us some advice!

We are staying in our 25í FB Flying Cloud for the first time. Everything was going fine until the plugs stopped working.

The overhead lights are fine, but my husband needs to plug in a medical device, so we are sure hoping we can figure out how to fix the plugs.

We have a GFCI tester but itís not helpful so far.

They worked when we first were setting up, then they stopped working. We are at a campground with hookups so are using shore power.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
taws2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
Have you checked your circuit breakers? Also check the circuit breaker at the campground pedestal.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by taws2020 View Post
I hope someone will see this tonight (Sunday 10/25) and be able to give us some advice!

We are staying in our 25í FB Flying Cloud for the first time. Everything was going fine until the plugs stopped working.

The overhead lights are fine, but my husband needs to plug in a medical device, so we are sure hoping we can figure out how to fix the plugs.

We have a GFCI tester but itís not helpful so far.

They worked when we first were setting up, then they stopped working. We are at a campground with hookups so are using shore power.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Hi taws2020,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 10-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
Find your GFCI outlet and check it, push the reset button. It's probably in the bathroom, but could be somewhere else. It's worth a try.

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 Ruby
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Mesa , Arizona
If you have a 50amp trailer, check your power cord at the trailer. If the cord is not rotated and fully locked down you may be losing 1 side of your power. Recently had a child run thru out campsite and tripped over my cord. The cord was was twisted just slightly back on the trailer plug, but enough to lose contact. I thought I had the screw down lock ring tight enough. Drove me crazy for a couple of hours.
kdfulsome54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Victoria , British Columbia
Hopefully the issue is resolved by now. But going forward here is how I diagnose an electrical issue.
If some plugs work and others don’t it is likely a breaker has tripped. Sometimes a breaker will trip, yet appear normal. Try switching all the breakers all the way off then all the way back on. If every plug in the coach is still dead then likely the issue is outside the coach.
Check both ends of your power cord to ensure they are tight. As previously noted, ensure the coach end of the connection is properly seated and twisted. Switch all the breakers on the post all the way off, then back on again.
And finally, if there is still no power in the coach try plugging something like a radio or coffee maker into the small 15 amp receptacle on the pedistal. If there is no power there, then the entire pedistal may be dead. This has happened more than once to me.
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote