Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2005, 05:05 PM   #1
bilby05

1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
Pinout for '01 F250 trailer connection

HelllllllP!
I am having a problem trying to get the various lights to work on my '69 Sovereign. I thought I just had a bulb out on the right rear (turn signal and brake light) Everything else was (keyword WAS) working. I changed the bulb in the right rear and that didn't help. Cleaned and respliced all wires to the RR tailight socket. Didn't help. Tried to figure out the connection from truck to trailer. Cleaned the connections, took apart the plug ends (just the outer casings to find out which color wires were at which place, not the connections themselves) I have the whole rig out at the Ford Dealer to see if I blew any fuses or anything. I just called him and he said he fixed a frayed wire on the truck end, replaced a couple of fuses and made me a rough diagram of the pin out. I am going out to get it now. Wish me luck.
cheers, bill b.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
As they say in showbiz, break a leg.
If you still don't have a light at the location you need, check to make sure the housing is well grounded. If it isn't, all the power in the world won't make that bulb light.
If you have a test light, securely clip it to something metal on the main part of the coach, turn on the light in question, and touch the tip of the test light to the outside base of the socket. If the test light glows, or lights, you have a bad ground.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Pin schematic

This is in my 65 Overlander manual. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00122_00.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	17216  
65 overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:40 PM   #4
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Bill, The 7 pin connection on both of my Ford F150's has a cover with the pin out imprinted into the plastic. I'm a little confused by your post. Are your truck lights not working right or the trailer lights (or both)? Ford should be able to give you the pin outs on the truck connection. You can probably find it Ford.com. I'll take picture of it tomorrow if you want and post it.

If you are having trouble with the trialer end of the circuit, you can find the pin out for that here: http://www.airstream.com/airstream/p...lug1966-81.pdf

One word of caution about this diagram. I had to go by color, not pin position as indicated in the diagram. Lift up your gaucho and try to match colors first on the running lights, turn signals and backup lights. My job was kinda tough because I only had a couple of workinh running lights and one tail light.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote