Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
No power inside on shore power

I went out to check on the electrical status of my 27í Internatipnal and find that no electrical interior item is working.

I have 200 watts of solar on the roof with a Progressive Dynamics converter installed by the Lewster about 6 years ago. He installed AGM batteries at that time. Solar had kept my batteries charged without resort to shore power while parked.

However, last week I came out to find that the lights wouldnít go on. I assumed that the batteries had run down and would need recharge and probably replacement. When I plugged in shore power at that time the Morningstar meter came to life and showed that the batteries were at 5.6 watts. The lights and all other electrical systems also came to life at that time.

This morning, the lights and other systems remain dark. I am ands was connected to 110 shore power overnight and for two days running.

Current symptoms:

Connected to shore power

Lights no workie

The Morningstar Remote Meter is blank.

Battery disconnect is in Use position, light on.

Iíve flipped the main breakers on and off, no change.

The green light on the far right of the main panel is lit. When I disconnect shore power, that light goes out.

When I remove any of the fuses the associated red lights do not light.

Iíve confirmed that shore power is hot.

Iím hoping that my problem is dead batteries. I present the above information to solicit analysis from those who understand Airstream electronics better than I (which is to say, barely at all).

Are there other troubleshooting steps I should take? Easy fixes Iím overlooking?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8CEF25A0-FC89-4EE0-A384-A1EEE8944147.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	425909  
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
When you are plugged in to shore power, are all electrical systems down or is it just 12v stuff is dead but your AC systems work, ie microwave, electrical outlets, heat pump/ac, etc?
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:27 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
Every thing seems dead

Furnace control is dark. Refer non responsive. I didnt check outlets but will tomorrow pm.

If it is just the 12v stuff thats out, what would that indicate?
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Try cycling the ďuse/storeĒ switch a few times. Could be a hung relay.

On my 27í, the light next to the switch is on whenever shore power is connected.
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:05 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Maybe you have a shorted battery and it is dragging down the Progressive Dynamics converter. If you have a meter check the voltage at the batteries and see if you have something reasonable (12V+). If not try disconnecting the batteries and see if the disconnected battery + leg comes up to voltage and lights come on. If not then the problem is your converter is not working.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote