Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
Cool No 12v power but inverter works?

So, our furnace was on and I was boiling water for coffee. I tun on the water to wash a few leftover dishes and everything shuts down. No power to anything. I checked everything I could think of and finally narrowed the problem to something in the power distribution area. I was able to bypass this by putting a battery near the fuse panel and running power directly to the + and - leads going into the fuse panel. Everything worked fine with this set up. My question is what is there between the battery and fuse panel that could stop the flow of power? This is a 2006 16' Bambi. The power from battery goes into front of trailer to a power distribution area under bench seat, next to fresh water tank, inverter, water pump and what looks like a solenoid. From this area the power goes back to fuse box which is under bed in back of trailer. What could be stopping the power from getting to fuse box? I hope someone can shed so light on this. Thank you. Tres
trestile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The "normal" AS trailer has self reset breakers in the "distribution" block at the front of the trailer. However, the inverter "normally" wires straight to the battery. ( = it bypasses the distribution stuff). The gotcha is that the wire that enables the inverter may (or may not) be fed through the distribution area breakers.

As with many things electrical, the approach is to grab your multimeter (or get one if you don't have one). You start at the battery and make sure it has 12V. Work from there towards the fuse panel.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v