Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2004, 08:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dripping Springs , Texas
New Radio/CD works on 12V but not 110

Installed a new Panasonic Radio/CD player that works fine on 12V power but produces no sound (well, slight buzz) when I plug into AC . My Magnetec 3230 could be part of the problem but I hate to jump to conclusions. Any thoughts? Do I need a new converter?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
Austin this radio is doing the same thing works fine on 12 volt and buzz on ac.. but stilll have radio signal.... sort of like early chevy need a inline thingy gig... naturaly....
gotair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dripping Springs , Texas
More detail. Radio and CD work fine on 12V but sound comes and goes when using shorepower... and the coming and going is not predictable. One time, just plugging in kills the speakers, another time it doesn't. Plugging in a vacuum brought silence once but not other times. Starting the vacuum has also started the sound and vice versa. Once, the sound quit after about 10 minutes with no stimulus whatsoever. Could this be a grounding problem? There was no apparent ground wire in the front overhead cabinet where the old 8 track was installed so I spliced a ground wire on to one of the front couch reading lights (from the same circuit). Looking for insight on this one. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Dripping Springs , Texas
Problem Explained

Swapped my Magnatex converter for an Intelli Power and the mysterious sound disappearance disappeared.

Tags
12v