Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
MicroAir EasyStart 366 (board only) Not so Easy!

Last Thusday I tried installing the 366 board along with the Recommended Start Capacitor. I have a 2004 Dometic 1500 with heat pump. I also ordered the 364 installation kit which was unnecessary. OK, the directions were easy to follow. Finding a place for the board was not a problem. Used the metal cover for mounting it and just placed it furthest to the front (right side). Since the start capacitor is bigger in diameter, a slightly longer strap was also made to hold the 2 in.

Got all the wiring connected. put it all back together and turned it on. Nothing! dead, no clicking, no fan. Must of done something wrong. Went back up, opened it back up to see what I did wrong, followed everything in the directions, made sure all connections good, thought maybe I was pinching something when closing it back up so left open this time. Turned it on, Nothing!! OK, maybe the airconditioner was at fault itself since I did not check it before starting this project. Back up, undo all and put back to stock. Turned it on, ran like champ!

Put everything back together, closed it up and called it a day. Sent Micro-Air an email since a knew they would be closed by now and figured I would here back in the morning. Not so, Matteo emailed back within a few minutes. That's what I call service!! He wanted me to try a different wiring that he said worked on some other older units. I followed the new diagram he sent and presto! I have airconditioning! Now if Micro-Air would of mentioned this in their diections in the first place!!!!!
To sum it up, if you have an older unit call Mico-Air first to get the revised diagram
AIR #30685
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Florence , Alabama
Glad you got it going. It's a good mod to have, although Time will reveal the true picture. I'm counting on success. MA has been great to deal with.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Used my AC on shore power this weekend after installing the EasyStart last weekend and only going through the 5 initial start ups. Each time I heard the AC start up it was noticeably both smoother and quieter. It seems like that would be a good thing as far as the expected lifespan of the AC. We'll see.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote