Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Sammamish , Washington
Making a female plug for PD 9260

Novice here...one of my first posts for one of my first projects. First off thank y'all for the wealth of info!

I'm installing a PD 9260 in a 2016 FC 30FB. Turns out, there is no plug under the fridge for this converter, so I'd like to attempt to get creative by making a plug off the electrical panels before I give in to other options. Anyone have any thoughts to help me? Interestingly, one of the black wires from the old parallax converter was tied into two other wires, see pic. I thought this made it a little complicated. Appreciate your advice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0932.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	288598  
2SIMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
You can install what is known as a duplex outlet. Like those in your home.
Use the appropriate box mounted securely.
Connect a black wire to the gold screw on the outlet, then connect the other end to the splices you show in the pic.
Connect a white wire to the silver screw on the outlet and the other end to the neutral buss in the bottom of the panel.
Connect a green or bare wire to the green screw then to the ground buss on the right side of the panel.
Then just plug the converter in.
Make sure the power is off while doing the work.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote