Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2023, 10:32 PM   #1

1971 29' Ambassador
Omaha , NE
low voltage to some locations

First time poster here. I recently acquired a '71 ambassador in near original condition but had been sitting in the weeds for maybe 10yrs? PO stocked it well with mothballs so no obvious rodent issues but there is one particular electrical gremlin I can't seem to sort.

When connected to shore only (waiting on batteries to ship), all galley lights, bathroom light and door light work. A/C and vent fans also work.

However, neither the oven light, or sink light work. The oven light only dimly glows which clued me into a voltage issue. Sure enough, the oven light socket metered at ~1.5V and the sink light was the same. I also tested the breakaway supply wire and it too only measured 1.5V.

Does anyone have any clues about what might be going on here? If it was a missing battery issue I would suspect all lights/appliances would have this issue, not just a couple.

Thanks!!!
caedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Corrosion at a connector, splice, or fuse.
Boxite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:48 PM   #3
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Also check your negative connections. There are a few places where the 12v system connects to the frame, and these get corroded. Once corroded the voltage will drop or not get through at all.

Also check the negative connections at/near the 12v fuse panel.
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote