Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , Hmmmm. what day of the week is it?
Lost power to rear bedroom fan - 2001 30' Excella

Anyone have any suggestions on why and how to fix the lost power to our rear bedroom fantastic fan?

It has worked fine for years, and just quit two days ago.

I checked all the 12 volt breakers and none of them popped out. I also used a volt meter to check all the 12 volt breakers and they are all good.

I used the meter to check for power on the wires leading to the fan, nothing there.... no power to the wires.

I also made sure the fan's thermostat, on the wall next to the bed, was set to a low temp so the fan would work. Actually moved it up to high and down to low just to make sure that was not the problem. It had no impact on the power.

Someone mentioned to find the wire harness in the Airstream and see if a wire has come loose. Well, I looked under the dinette for a wire harness and there is nothing under there except a lot of wires, but no junction box or harness.

Any ideas? Thanks!
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote