Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
Send a message via AIM to RiskIt Send a message via Yahoo to RiskIt
Light switch

Does anyone know where I can find the switches (3-way??) used on my 72 A/S overhead lights...?? The ones that are used with the vents. I broke one and the one in the bathroom (same type) only works some off the time. I've tried RadioShack and places like that but I guess the stuff is too old. Thanks for any help.
RiskIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

I bought mine at Inland RV about two years ago.

http://www.inlandrv.com/
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Riverside , Missouri
That's were I got mine as well.
FYI
They have a brass color on the shaft and nut. I looked at four places for silver/alum finish, but couldn't find any and went with the brass.
BURNZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
The kicker is the shaft length

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNZEE
That's were I got mine as well...
Me "three".

FWIW, I looked pretty hard both around here, and online. The switch's OEM does not appear to support the shaft length anymore.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
got one from my local A/S dealer. then bought another at Lowes. turned out to be too short, but it works.

the other day, I saw a box of switches at a local small hardware store, and whadya know? they had one that appears to be the right thing. so I picked it up.

you know those slide-out drawers of various and sundry hardware fasteners and doo-hickies? it was in one of those.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
Send a message via AIM to RiskIt Send a message via Yahoo to RiskIt
Just ordered them from InLand ($16.50ea.). I've bought alot of stuff from them. Someone said something about the shaft size. Not sure if this helps but on mine (ones that came from A/S) you can adjust the lenth that hangs out. They have two little nut's and they use them to look the switch in place. You can adjust how much sticks out using the nut's.
I had replaced my light covers and I couldn't get them to work. I stil am having problems with the crank handles not being able to reach the crank shaft. I used longer screws to hold the handle/light cover in place but it doesn't grab the shaft so you can't open the vents. It looks like the light covers are different enough to make it not work. Anyone have a fix on this...? I got one vent/light working OK, but the other two I can't crank the vents up or down becuse of this.
RiskIt is offline   Reply With Quote