Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
I've been looking at this. I like it because it will work off LED's, but their minimum order is more than I will use for this. Thought about getting some acrylic rod, polishing the end and trying that. I have edge lit flat sheets with LEDs for control panel illumination, that works pretty well.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:26 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

N/A , N/A
Checked out the site, looks good for ambient lighting or some interesting custom use. Seems poly rod would work, but what about the flat reflective surface?

Have installed concealed under lighting using parts (small snap cases w/ two 3 watt blubs every foot on 12v cable) completly around the front room with 30 amp switch. Gives an inviting effect and haven't replaced a single bulb in 4 years unlike some of the original bulbs every 3 months (soon to be history.)
FLguy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
No reflector is what I don't like about the plain rod. LEDs aren't going to be that strong of a light source and I don't want 360 degree illumination. I will probably end up with the lite pipe, but it's always fun to play. I would really like to use bicolor LEDs or make a 3 light source and fade the colors in and out.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote