Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2022, 04:18 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Gilroy , California
I must be missing something...

Why are you involving your power station at all? Why not just charge your house batteries with your solar panels?
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
1962 16' Bambi
1993 34' Excella
St. Thomas , Ontario
I have a really simple solution that works well for us. We tow with a van and didn’t want a stinky generator and gas inside with us. At Alumapalooza saw this great item called Car Generator and bought that instead. It is a high powered inverter that I attach to the car to turn the car into a quiet clean generator. In an hour I can top up the Airstream batteries. I also have an Ecoflow River that I either charge with the Car Generator while I have it out or with solar when conditions are good. I feel like I have the best of both worlds and the Car Generator is small enough to tuck behind the seats or under the floor of the van. I think the Airstream Life Store sells Car Generator or you can buy direct from them. Great product.
1978 Olds 98
56 Ford Fairlane
vintagemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 03:45 AM   #23

2019 23' International
FREMONT , California
I extended the house battery power with this.

I arrived at this thread looking for ways to integrate my portable battery pack (Ecoflow Delta 2 + extra battery) to my trailer (2019 23CB Int'l Sig) so that I can extend my 12V battery power during boondocking at cold nights to run the furnace (where my house battery for sure cannot last the whole night).

This thread has helped me to understand better about the possibilities.

However, instead of using the Ecoflow like shore power, I ended up using the 12V output on the Ecoflow and hooked up directly to the battery using the zamp solar input (SAE connector) next to the airstream battery box. With this, I was able to run the furnace the whole night.

I was hoping that when the furnace was used, it could draw more power from my portable battery pack. However, the highest output showing on my Ecoflow was only around 30 watt. So, it seem that the Ecoflow was only partially helping, and I would assume the house battery was probably run all the way down.

However, this was still a success for me. Now, I am looking for ways to connect the 12V output on my ecoflow to the battery from inside the trailer. How do I find the wire that connects directly to the house battery on the inside? Does anyone knows what should I be looking for?
JnAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 06:15 PM   #24
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
I'm simple minded...I just use 360w of Zamp portable and charge the AS BB batteries directly. KISS

I tried a GZ 1000, but returned it, just wasn't an efficient work around.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 02-18-2023, 07:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
JnAlan - interesting idea. I was so concentrated on using my GZ for 110V purposes, I overlooked the fact that it had those 12V outputs as well. That could've helped me on those 3 instances when we had extremely cold weather with the furnace in the past.

A friend of mine is upgrading this battery set up and is offering his practically new 100ah Batteborn's at an attractive price so that will solve my overnight furnace issues in the future.

Bob - My 250w Zamp rooftop panels and 200w Zamp portables currently keep my AGM batteries fully charged and re-charge my GZ battery. But, that doesn't help when the sun goes down and the AGM's won't power my DC hungry furnace thru the night. Replacing them with the 2- 100ah BB's should solve that issue.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 09:19 AM   #26
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOUSC View Post
JnAlan - SNIP QUOTE

Bob - My 250w Zamp rooftop panels and 200w Zamp portables currently keep my AGM batteries fully charged and re-charge my GZ battery. But, that doesn't help when the sun goes down and the AGM's won't power my DC hungry furnace thru the night. Replacing them with the 2- 100ah BB's should solve that issue.

That's what this is for...TETO

Bob...
Just an Old Fart...KISS>>> keep it stupid simple.
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9683782-D390-4926-86DD-5597551F16CC_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	428229