How Amazingly Stupid (on my part)
So I've been working on getting this trailer rehabilitated for almost a year. I've replaced the old Univolt with a new Intellipower, gone through the electrical systems to make sure all the lights and everything worked as they should, etc. Yesterday I took out a small wall heater to accomodate new subfloor and vinyl flooring - the heater was installed in the 90's. When I went to re-install it I got a pretty decent shock! Holy Crap Batman, something is amiss! Nothing else shocked me, just this one thing. So this evening I started investigating. The first thing I did was take my $4.95 circuit tester and plug it in to an outlet and guess what, the lights on the tester indicated a reversed neutral/hot. I doubted the Argosy had been mis-wired since 1972, so I decided to start testing the electricity at the outlet from my garage where the extension chord is plugged in and runs to the trailer. The outlet was ok, so I went to the other end of the extension chord, and it read hot/neutral reversed! The extension chord came with the trailer and is at least 15 years old. I never thought.
I've kept the Argosy plugged in almost full time since we brought it home in September last year, and have used this extension chord the full time. I only run a small oil space heater in the winter, and of course the Intellivolt charges the battery.
Here's the question (sorry for the long post), have I done any damage to any system - like maybe the Intellipower?
Thanks as always