Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Cumming , Georgia
HELP!! Newbie in need! Central Control Problems

Ok here goes my situation. Sorry for the long intro, but felt maybe you might like to know a general overview of where I'm at.

I have a '77 overlander, which i bought thinking i had found a great deal, little did i know how much i needed to learn.

I have so far replaced the hot water heater with a Girard tankless, replaced all the LP gas lines, I have replaced the furnace due to a cracked air exchange, I replaced the stove as the one in this unit had been stolen, I replaced the AC unit as the one i had was beyond repair. I replaced the refrigerator with a newer 3 way unit, the old one was very questionable about operating. I replaced the 50 amp univolt with a 60 amp powermax boondocker 4 stage, and I have put in a fantastic vent and purchased two Trojan AGM 31 Gel Deep cycle batteries. and I replaced two banana wraps due to corrosion.

I have had the unit hooked to a 120 heavy duty extension cord which runs the interior lights when I'm working in it, and my fantastic fan. I have a second fan on the way to put on the back end.

Now it's time to start testing stuff. But my central control panel doesn't light up or anything. All my fuses seem to be in working order, I don't see any wiring issues. I have taken both ends off my control panel. Suggestions on where to start testing?

I also haven't tested my holding tanks at all. I can run water to the unit and drain it out the back, but haven't tested the water pump, or the holding tanks.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this, I'd value any input you guys can give me.
Rofkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Cumming , Georgia
I figured it out :) The ammeter wires were reversed in the fuse box

I figured it out The ammeter wires were reversed in the fuse box
Rofkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote